Friday, December 23, 2011

Recap of events from birth to 3 weeks old...

Although I don't remember a lot from Amelia's birth I remember the few days after... What scary days they were... Sorry that this is a bit sketchy too...

Amelia was ventilated from 4am on the 1st Dec because she got tired. Her little lungs only got one single steroid injection only a mear 11 hours before she was born into this world.

I couldn't get up from my hospital bed to see her and that's all I wanted to do when my husband got there... Go down and see her as a family.

4th Dec - She had her umbi lines removed which meant that I could have cuddles and better touches with my girl... And she also started on 1ml of my milk every 2 hours... Not a lot but thats all I was expressing at the time pretty much haha :)

I was discharged from hospital the first time on the 4th Dec... I completely lost it when I left the hospital... Balling in the carpark in my husbands arms...

5th Dec - ... It was very short lived because, then I was re-admitted for high BP on the 5th... The only good thing about it was being close to my girl.

6th Dec - FIRST CUDDLES FOR MUMMY!!!




8th Dec - they brought the feeds up to 2ml every 2 hours and dropped the pressure on her CPAP...

& FIRST CUDDLES FOR DADDY!!!




9th Dec - She's tolerating being off the CPAP without destats she's been off for an hour so far and will go back on for six hours then they'll try longer. I'm such a proud mummy. They've also bumped her feeds up to 3ml every 2 hrs.

10th Dec - Amelia has cracked the 1kilo mark :) 1002 grams

11th Dec - Breaks my heart to see so many sick babies in NICU. I am thankful to the nurses and doctors for looking after Amelia so well. I get sad seeing her so small and fragile... But she's put on weight. Now up to 1048g... No cpap cycling she's had too many bradys.

12th Dec - I'm being discharged today. I'm not too sure how I feel about it to be honest... I mean health wise I feel great... But, Leaving my baby girl again... :(

Amelia has put on more weight. She's now at 1070grams... She's doing much better today. Feeds are at 9ml now every 2 hours. :)

Amelia has an infection.....start the antibiotics...

14th Dec - 2 weeks old yay...

15th Dec - Just recieved some beautiful premmie gowns for Amelia. They are absolutely gorgeous... Brought tears to my eyes. And Amelia is doing well today :) I got an hour long cuddle. It was bliss. ♥ my girl xxx

17th Dec - 1115g and doing well...


19th Dec - WE HAVE FOOTPRINTS!!





21st Dec - Blood infusion. "Top Up!"


Were pink again! Looking so well :) Happy Mummy again... :)


That's all I can recap right now... If I think of any other events I will add them in...





1 comment:

  1. She's doing so well and is growing so much! I'm so proud of you all. A beautiful family! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.