Day 28
Amelia had her last head scan and guthrie test. I don't know the results as yet, but I'm sure if there was abnormalities they would have said something already.
Amelia is on second daily blood gasses and now on liquid iron and oral sodium solution. Her levels keep falling because she keeps having blood tests. Although vital for diagnostic reasons, they make her anaemic and sodium deficient quite fast. No biggie I'm assured. All babies are on the same meds basically at this gestation.
She weighs 1370grams today and looking heaps better.
Day 29
Amelia had cuddles again with Daddy. Skin to skin and loved it :) I get my cuddle tomorrow and the nurses want me to try to see what she does at my breast,whether she latches on or suckles at all. But being at her gestation they don't think she will quite get it yet. That's ok. As long as she gets it before she comes home.
She's weighing in at 1390g today. Looks so much bigger than at birth and you can really notice it in her legs and arms. She's even getting little cheeks now. I love her so much :)
No changes really, feeds are at 16ml every 2hrs and she's still on cpap. Still sitting on around 25 to 30 with her cpap oxygen. A few destats and bradys. All normal apparently.
Photos...
The one where she's on her back was day 28.
The one where she's wearing the yellow dress was day 29.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.