Day 22
We find out that Amelia has hernias on both sides of her groin. She will need to be transferred to PMH when she is just about ready to come home and recover after her operation possibly there or at KEMH. Still a ways to go yet though...
She is not tolerating being off CPAP (to be expected with her being born so premmie) but she's on 14mls on Level 2 (Calories & Added Fat) of my milk...AND LOVING IT! :) She gets a little grizzly when her feeds are due now! Attitude :)
I had another Mummy cuddle today. :) Hour long bliss <3 Loved it... Cant wait for longer cuddles and being able to breastfeed and pick my baby up by myself instead of waiting for the nurses to pick her up for me and place her on me. As well as the times. She is only able to be moved while her cares are due otherwise she gets too unsettled... I have had 4 cuddles in 3 and a bit weeks.... Its a bit sucky. :(
Day 23
Amelia is doing a little bit better today. Hardly any destats and bradys but still a long way to go. She doesnt like being on her right side (Daniel seems to think she likes the view out the window. haha) Cheeky missy keeps knocking the CPAP prongs out of her nose and keeping her mouth open to set off the O2 monitor... OOPSY!
Still tolerating feeds at 14mls of Level 2 Mummas Milk...
Sitting at 1170grams today.
Not a lot else to update on - had a bit of an eventful day, with no sleep the night before, Centrelink payment arrangement (PPL) all messed up and my car being rummaged through at the shops... I just want today to come and be better. I also made lactation cookies which are pretty yummy. I hope they do their magic and increase my supply. Stress causes havoc on the 'girls' lately!
Anyways thats a quick update. I will update tomorrow.... :)
The Cookies worked for me with our son xxx
ReplyDeleteI hope the cookies helped, I used to make mine in to a slice (same recipe), it was so much easier lol x They helped me with Tristan, I needed them for quite a few months. Without them he just wasn't satisfied.
ReplyDeleteBugger about needing a surgery done =( Unfortunately a common premmie thing, which I'm sure you are aware of =( PMH are absolutely amazing and babies/children are so resilient!