Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I can't believe it... pics included xx

We came out the other side.


Amelia had such a rough journey into the world nearly 4 months ago. And now I have her home in my arms. I'm able to pick her up when ever I like and venture out with her whenever I like. I want to show her the world that she had missed out on.


Looking back at the time spent in the NICU, I didn't think we would be here today. I never thought I would be holding my beautiful baby girl in the comfort of my own home, with no monitors or nurses around. I honestly thought she would not see the outside of a hospital.


A few friends gave birth shortly after I did, magical births with healthy take home babies. I felt happy for them on the outside, but inside I was crushed. I was jealous! Why didn't I get the birth I wanted and deserved? After trying to conceive Amelia for so long. Why did it go pear shaped. Why wasn't it picked up sooner? I was actually infuriated and started to spiral into a great depressive state. But, soon after I realised that had I NOT delivered her when I did... We both would have died. Amelia was so tiny because of IUGR, which is IntraUterine Growth Restriction, a common ocurrance with severe pre eclampsia. Which means baby doesn't get enough nutrients to grow because my cord running from my placenta to her was not flowing as it should.


I really couldn't believe the day she was born. I couldn't believe that day I was about to cancel my OB appointment.


Life is TRULY AMAZING. I'm so blessed to have such an amazingly strong family. I'm greatful for my AMAZING husband and daughter. I don't know what I would have done without them by my side.


Enough blabbering from me, until next time...


Thankyou to our followers... Don't worry, the journey continues and so do the posts. (just not as frequently lol)


Xx


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.